St. Paul's United Methodist Church
Thursday, May 28, 2015
Bringing people to Christ by caring and serving
Saint Paul's United Methodist Church
335 West Butler Drive Drums, PA 18222
Our Pastor: Reverend Debra Hebden
Childrens Sunday School- - Sept. to June- - 9 AM
Adult New Life Groups - Sept to June- - 9 AM
To Bring People To Christ By Caring And Serving
St. Paul's is a caring community of disciples who seek to share the love and hope that comes from knowing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. We are God's people, seeking to discern what God is calling us to be in this time and this place. We do not have all the pieces in place, but we trust that God will provide all that we need to do the work God has called us to do.
St. Paul's -- Historical Information
The first Methodist preacher in Drums, The Rev. Joseph Lee, was sent by the Baltimore Conference in 1833-34. Rev. Lee rode the Jeansville Circuit, serving the settlers from White Haven to Mifflin. Services were held alternately, for six years, at the Gilmore and Hoven houses and summertime at James Smith's barn. A church, 32 ft. x 41 ft., was built of wood on the present cemetery lot. It was dedicated in December 1840 with the Presbyterians joining the project. Services were held alternate Sunday evenings. A Sunday School was formed May 6, 1844. Due to deterioration, a new church building was built on the present lot in June 1873 at the cost of $7,500. The first meeting was held on the ground floor on February 18, 1874. Dedication was July 12, 1874. The Union Sunday School had a membership of 193, average attendance was 95. The library had 471 volumes and the annual collection for missions was $33.88.